The Best Lawyers in America Recognizes Five Partners at Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A.
We are pleased to announce that five partners at Schochor, Federico and Staton are being recognized by The Best Lawyers in America 2020. This is the second year in a row that these five partners have been honored by the prestigious guide to the Best Lawyers in America.
In 1984, Schochor, Federico and Staton was founded with the mission of offering impeccable legal services to the victims of medical malpractice, negligence and the wrongful acts of others. Since our founding, we’ve recovered over a billion dollars for our clients and filed more medical negligence cases than any other firm in Maryland.
But what we’re most proud of is knowing our work continues to make a difference in our clients’ lives and in our communities. No one deserves to suffer because of another person or party’s negligence, but when something happens the victim deserves fair compensation to help restore their quality of life. We have always taken pride in fighting for victims.
So, we’re pleased to hear our efforts have once again been recognized by Best Lawyers, a highly respected guide for legal excellence in America and around the world for over thirty years.
Here’s a little bit more about our attorneys who are being recognized:
- Jonathan Schochor, managing partner and founder, has received many awards and honors over the course of his career. Having been recognized since 2008, this is his thirteenth year being named a Best Lawyers Medical Malpractice Law- Plaintiffs, as well as Mass Tort Litigation/Class Action Plaintiffs in Baltimore, Maryland. Additionally, Mr. Schochor was named Best Lawyers Baltimore Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year,” in 2016.
- Philip C. Federico, partner and founder, is honored to be recognized in the Best Lawyers Medical Malpractice Law- Plaintiff in Baltimore, Maryland for the twelfth time. Mr. Federico was also named “Lawyer of the Year” in 2014.
- Kerry D. Staton, partner and founder, is honored to be receiving a Best Lawyers 2020 Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs designation in Baltimore, Maryland. 2020 will mark the 13th straight year that Mr. Staton has been recognized by Best Lawyers, with previous honors as “Lawyer of the Year” in 2013 and 2018.
- James D. Cardea, partner, will be named a Best Lawyers Medical Malpractice Law –Plaintiffs in Baltimore, Maryland for the tenth year in a row.
- Scott P. Kurlander, partner, was first named a Best Lawyers Medical Malpractice Law –Plaintiffs in Baltimore, Maryland in 2011, and is pleased to have been listed again this year.
Each year Best Lawyers uses an extensive peer-review process that draws on the opinions of tens of thousands of attorneys across the country. This means our partners were once again recognized by their peers as some of the best lawyers in the country.
We salute the hard work and well-earned recognition of our partners at Schochor, Federico and Staton, and look forward to our continued commitment to our clients who have suffered because of medical malpractice and other types of negligence.
Aggressive Attorneys in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland
With more than three decades of successful experience, the legal team at Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. protects the rights of injured clients and fights to achieve top compensation on your behalf. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.