Six Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. Attorneys Recognized by Super Lawyers® 2019
The attorneys of Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. commit ourselves to providing medical malpractice plaintiffs with the highest quality of legal representation. We are proud to announce that these efforts have once again been recognized by a national attorney rating agency, with five of our prestigious partners receiving recognition as Super Lawyers® and one associate awarded as a Rising Star for 2019. This distinguished award is only awarded to about five percent of attorneys nationwide, and we are pleased to announce that the following partners have been included among this prominent list:
- Jonathan Schochor is a founder and senior managing partner with our firm, who was recently recognized as one of the Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in the State of Maryland by the American Society of Legal Advocates. He has also achieved recognition by many other prestigious organizations including being named 2015 Trial Lawyer of the Year (co-recipient) by the Maryland Association of Justice as well as the 2016 Lawyer of the Year for plaintiffs’ medical malpractice by Best Lawyers in America®. Mr. Schochor also led the Class Action litigation involving Nikita Levy, M.D., a gynecologist who sexually abused his patients. The case resulted in a $190 million settlement purported to be the largest single perpetrator, sexual assault settlement in U.S. history at that time.
- Kerry Staton is a founding partner of Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. whose unyielding dedication to medical malpractice plaintiffs has resulted in numerous recognitions. He was elected as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, an honor that is only bestowed upon the top 1% of lawyers in each state. He has been listed in Best Lawyers of America® every year since 2008 and was recognized as Lawyer of the Year® for plaintiffs’ medical malpractice in Baltimore twice, in 2013 and 2018, by that organization. In addition, he has been recognized by Super Lawyers® as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Maryland each year since 2013 and has been named by the National Trial Lawyers as a Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers Top 25.
- Philip C. Federico is a senior partner with Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. and one of our distinguished founders. Among his numerous awards and recognitions, he has been named a Maryland Super Lawyer™ every year since 2006, and was designated as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Maryland™ from 2010 to present. Mr. Federico is Board Certified by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorney. An honor that requires invitation, passing a rigorous examination and is held by less than 500 lawyers national.
- James Cardea is no stranger to awards, having been recognized by the American Biographical Institute as the Man of the Year for Outstanding Contributions to Law. He has consistently been listed in the Best Lawyers in America™ since 2011. Cardea has been a Maryland Super Lawyer since 2010 and has been named by Super Lawyers® as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Maryland for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
- Scott Kurlander is widely respected for his knowledge of medical malpractice. His numerous accolades include being named to the Best Lawyers in America™ since 2011. He has been a Maryland Super Lawyer every year since 2009 and was recently chosen as one of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC).
- Aubrey Wray Fitch, IV is a second-year recipient of the Rising Star by Super Lawyers®. With significant experience in litigation, he is admitted to practice in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and the United States District Court for the District of Maryland. Mr. Fitch joined our firm in 2017 and was first awarded as a Rising Star recipient in 2018. Mr. Fitch is committed to helping our clients who have been victims of medical malpractice.
The Super Lawyer® selections process
The annual Super Lawyers® list results from months of peer reviews and extensive independent research. The selection process begins with nominations from peers and other legal professionals. The Super Lawyers® research team then evaluates each nominee using 12 indicators of professional achievement. Once the pool of nominees is narrowed, a blue-ribbon peer review is conducted to determine who will be chosen as Super Lawyers®. Only about five percent of all attorneys ever receive this reputable designation, and we are proud that five of them are partners with our firm.
Fighting for medical malpractice plaintiffs across Washington DC, Maryland and Baltimore
At Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A., our award-winning attorneys advocate for people injured by medical malpractice. We are proud that our peers have chosen to acknowledge the efforts of our partners. We appreciate the knowledge and skill of these six attorneys and congratulate each of them for these prestigious recognitions.
For more information about Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. or the Super Lawyers® selection process, call our office at 410-234-1000.