Schochor, Federico and Staton Representing Victim of Horrific Baltimore Bus Crash
In a truly tragic multi-vehicle crash, six people are left dead and many more are injured. On November 1st, a school bus collided with a passenger vehicle, a pillar at a nearby cemetery, and finally crashed into an MTA bus, full of passengers.
“Rarely do we deal with mass casualty situations that involve this many deaths at one scene,” said Baltimore police spokesperson T.J. Smith. “We brought out additional personnel to support our crash scene.”
Investigators are still examining what caused the crash, but sources allege it is possible the school bus driver was not properly licensed.
The Maryland injury law firm of Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. is providing legal representation for one victim of the crash.
Filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit
The Baltimore multi-bus crash is a catastrophic tragedy with devastating losses. The victims and their families are now left facing an uphill battle to get proper medical care or to make heartbreaking funeral arrangements. If you were affected by the accident, a legal claim may be the last thing on your mind. However, obtaining justice is a way to hold the negligent parties accountable and ensure you have the funds you and your family needs to move on.
If you or a loved one were injured in the Baltimore bus crash, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses—hospital bills, prescription medications, medical devices, doctors’ visits, physical therapy and all healthcare-related costs associated with your injuries
- Lost wages—money you lost while out of work and future lost wages if your earning ability has decreased
- Property damage—personal belongings that were destroyed in the crash
- Pain and suffering—financial compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress caused by an accident
The families of wrongful death victims could also be entitled various forms of compensation. In Maryland, wrongful death suits are usually divided into two categories:
- Survival actions—claims brought on behalf of the estate. They compensate for losses experienced by the deceased, such as funeral expenses, medical costs, and the pain and suffering the deceased endured before death.
- Wrongful death actions—claims brought on by the survivors of the deceased, usually the spouse, parents, and/or children. These legal claims compensate the family for the losses they’ve experienced, including lost companionship, lost financial and other support, and more.
While nothing can repair the damage done after an accident of this magnitude, full and fair compensation can help ease some of the financial burden.
Let a highly qualified Baltimore attorney help you and your family heal
If you or someone you love was injured or killed as the result of the Baltimore bus crash, please contact Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. right away. Please don’t deal with investigators or insurance companies on your own—make sure you have a knowledgeable, experienced lawyer representing your best interests. We are here to protect you and your family. Contact us today at a 410-234-1000 or fill out an online form.