Victims of Obstetric Negligence Deserve Aggressive Representation from Experienced Lawyers
A team of Washington D.C. and Maryland medical malpractice attorneys are ready to take your call
Proper obstetric care is essential to the health of women and their babies during pregnancy. Regular doctor visits allow the physician to monitor the mother and child. When obstetricians fail to meet their duty of care, the results can prove tragic for the mother, baby, or both. If you or your newborn were injured due to the negligence of an obstetrician, the law firm Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. has the knowledge and experience to successfully fight for the compensation you deserve for your birth injury case.
Forms of obstetric negligence
Obstetric care involves various areas of pregnancy, including infertility, gestation, labor, delivery, and immediate post-delivery care. In each of these stages, women rely on their obstetrician to provide them accurate advice and guidance toward the goal of a successful birth. When a physician fails to meet a professional duty of care for the patient, he or she may be found negligent and liable for any resulting injuries.
Some common obstetric negligence errors include:
- Improper advice regarding infertility
- Failure to conduct regular testing during pregnancy
- Wrongly administered medication during pregnancy
- Failure to diagnose a dangerous condition during pregnancy
- Failure to properly treat pregnancy-related complications
- Improper pain management during labor and delivery
- Utilizing improper delivery techniques
- Failure to timely perform a cesarean section
Trustworthy representation by experienced medical malpractice attorneys located in Baltimore and Washington D.C.
Obstetric negligence can have serious consequences for women and babies. Life-threatening illnesses can go untreated without proper diagnosis, and could possibly result in the death of mother and child. Even if a condition is diagnosed correctly, improper treatment decisions may worsen the underlying problem, also placing the patients’ lives at risk. Other possible consequences of obstetric negligence include:
- <Brain damage and Cerebral Palsy. Failure to timely perform a cesarean section can lead to oxygen deprivation to the fetus and permanent brain damage.
- Fracture, nerve damage, or bruising to the infant. This may stem from the physician’s choice of delivery method. Use of forceps, or forcefully removing the infant from the birth canal, may lead to injury.
- Maternal hemorrhaging. This can also result from an unreasonably long labor and delivery process, where the obstetrician fails to act in a timely manner.
- Infertility. Surgical mistakes or untreated medical conditions during pregnancy can leave a woman unable to conceive in the future.
Put more than 30 years of medical malpractice experience to work in your obstetric negligence case
If you or a loved one has been injured due to obstetric negligence, contact the law firm with a reputation for success and a proven track record for results. For decades, the attorneys of Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. have helped protect the rights of malpractice victims in Washington D.C., Maryland, and across the country. The have the necessary knowledge and skill to successfully advocate for the compensation you deserve. Contact the office at 410-234-1000 for a confidential consultation at either their Washington D.C. or Baltimore office.