Medical Malpractice Attorney James Cardea Named Top 10 Attorney in the State of Maryland for 2017
Yet again, an accomplished attorney from Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. has been honored with a prestigious professional award. Firm partner Jim Cardea recently received the 2017 Top 10 Attorney Award for the State of Maryland from the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA). The Academy gives the honor to only a very select group of attorneys who have achieved greatness in their field. This is the third year in a row that Mr. Cardea has been included on the Academy’s list.
“It’s an honor to receive this award, but the greatest reward is helping my clients who desperately need strong legal representation,” said Mr. Cardea.
Mr. Cardea focuses on helping medical malpractice victims in and around Baltimore, MD and Washington D.C.
About the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
NAOPIA uses a thorough selection process to determine the top personal injury attorneys in each state. Injury victims need to know how to choose an outstanding lawyer, and organizations like NAOPIA allow potential clients to pick from a pool of truly accomplished legal professionals.
The selection process is quite rigorous.
- Step 1: Nomination by a licensed practicing attorney or one of the Academy’s in-house research staff members.
- Step 2: Research staff ensures the nominee meets the minimum requirements.
- Step 3: A small portion of the nominees are selected to advance to the final stage.
- Step 4: The NAOPIA’s Board of Governors officially selects the Top 10 in each state.
The minimum requirements for inclusion are:
- Must be licensed and in good standing in the state
- Must be in private practice
- Must have at least 5 years experience in personal injury
- Must devote a significant portion of practice to personal injury
- Must be nominated by a licensed practicing attorney or one of their in-house research staff members
Additional criteria that is evaluated:
- Client reviews
- Peer reviews
- Total length of time practicing in personal injury
- Case outcomes
- Trial experience and outcomes
- Published books or scholarly articles
- Formal personal injury training
- Personal injury teaching experience
- Legal awards
About Maryland medical malpractice lawyer Jim Cardea
A resident of Fulton, Maryland, attorney Cardea has been practicing law for more than 20 years. He graduated cum laude from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1995. Since that time, Mr. Cardea has been protecting the rights of injury victims inside and outside of the courtroom.
A list of some of the other awards he has won include:
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Maryland™ by The American Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in the State of Maryland by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America™ since 2011
- Inclusion in Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine™ since 2010
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell™
Attorney Cardea represents clients who have been harmed by a healthcare provider, such as a doctor, nurse, midwife, anesthesiologist, or assistant. Common cases he handles include birth injuries, surgical errors, diagnostic mistakes, and other healthcare-related tragedies.
For immediate assistance, contact a Maryland or Washington D.C. medical malpractice attorney
Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. is a medical malpractice law firm whose attorneys serve clients in Maryland, Washington D.C., and across the nation. Their track record of success is evident not only in the bevy of awards the firm’s lawyers have won, but in the hundreds of clients they have helped over the years. For prompt, thorough assistance with your legal claim, contact the firm today at 410-234-1000 or use our online form.