At the law firm of Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A., we take the practice of law seriously. Our attorneys consistently aim to provide clients with the highest standards of legal representation. Recently, a national attorney rating system recognized five of our partners for their outstanding professional achievements. We are pleased to announce the selection of the following partners to the 2016 Super Lawyers® list:
- Jonathan Schochor is a senior managing partner who recently helped secure a $190 million class action settlement.
- Philip Federico is a founding and senior partner who has earned numerous awards. Mr. Federico has spoken on issues of law and tort reform in front of the Maryland state legislature.
- Kerry Staton is a founding partner with numerous accolades and more than 30 years of medical malpractice experience. He has been inducted into the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers.
- Jim Cardea is a partner known for his tenacious representation of clients in trials and negotiations, and is a member of the Multimillion Dollar Trial Advocates Forum.
- Scott Kurlander is a partner with a strong commitment to the firm’s clients. He proudly serves on the Voir Dire Committee of the Maryland State Bar Association.
Through their actions and accomplishments, these partners set a professional tone that resonates throughout our entire practice.
The Super Lawyers® assessment process
Super Lawyers® is a rating service for attorneys who have obtained high levels of professional achievement and excellent peer reviews. Its objective is to compile a comprehensive listing of diverse and exceptional attorneys.
A division of Thomson Reuters, the service rates attorneys from more than 70 practice areas. Super Lawyers® selections occur on an annual basis, with selections made through the following patented process:
- Nominations. Attorneys enter the selection process through peer nominations, managing partner surveys, or the Super Lawyers® search team. Attorneys are not able to nominate themselves.
- Independent Research. During this phase of the process, evaluators examine 12 indicators of professional achievement and peer recognition. These include:
- Verdicts and Settlements
- Honors and awards
- Pro bono and community service
- Scholarly lectures and writings
- Peer evaluation. This third step involves blue ribbon panel members, who evaluate candidates within their practice areas.
- Final Selection. The last phase determines the final selections. Only five percent of attorneys receive this honor.
Join us in congratulating these five successful partners
When you secure the services of Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A., you secure representation by award-winning team of attorneys. With offices in Washington D.C. and Baltimore, these lawyers put their experience to work for you. Contact the office at 410-234-1000 for a free consultation.