Maryland attorneys offer valuable representation after a serious medical mistake
When you put your health in the hands of a professional, you expect the best possible results and first class care. Tragically, that is not always the case. Doctors, nurses, hospital staff, and other trusted professionals can make mistakes—and the worst errors may even turn deadly. From issues in the ER, to problems on the operating table, to mistakes made in your doctor’s private practice, medical malpractice can happen in a variety of ways. You should know that if your health care provider has caused more harm than good, you may be entitled to compensation through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Medical malpractice in Baltimore and Washington D.C. is more common than you might think. The hard-hitting malpractice attorneys at the law firm of Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. are the area’s leading attorneys in litigating—and winning—even the most difficult cases. With a robust support staff, years of dedicated service to medical malpractice law, and a passion for serving our clients, our lawyers have won countless difficult cases against big-name defendants.
Our attorneys serve clients in and around Maryland, Baltimore, and Washington D.C., as well as Silver Spring, Upper Marlboro, Rockville, Greenbelt, Annapolis, and Columbia. We have the resources and capability to handle complex cases as well as class action lawsuits. Our results speak for themselves.
Medical malpractice across the greater Maryland area
All health care providers have a duty to adhere to the acceptable standards of care for their profession. When a doctor, nurse, technician, or other provider falls below these standards, it may be considered medical malpractice or negligence. Sometimes those actions are the result of carelessness or recklessness. In any event, these mistakes are usually preventable.
At the law firm of Schochor, Federico and Staton, we fight for medical malpractice victims and their families against the big hospitals, nursing homes, and other medical facilities as well as the specific health care providers who fail to deliver adequate care.
Some of the areas of practice our attorneys handle include:
- Birth injuries. When something goes wrong during prenatal care or labor and delivery, the results can be catastrophic. If the wrong decisions are made, your child could sustain a serious birth injury. And the worst birth injuries may even have lifelong consequences and require long-term care.
- Brain injuries. Brain damage could be result of carelessness during surgery, labor and delivery, or other major medical events. Brain injury is a serious matter, and could lead to permanent health complications and disability.
- Emergency room errors. ERs are busy, high-stress places. If a doctor or nurse fails to adequately diagnose or treat your condition during your time in the ER, you may have grounds for a lawsuit.
- Hospital errors. When in the hospital, a patient could acquire a new infection from poor care, a nurse may not administer the correct dosage or medication, or a bevy of other problems could arise. Other examples of hospital negligence may include radiology errors or surgical errors.
- Anesthesia errors. Too much or too little medication, or the failure to properly monitor the patient may lead to serious anesthesia errors before or after an operation, which could have devastating health consequences.
In the most serious of cases, your loved one may have died as the result of medical malpractice. In those tragic instances, a lawyer can file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you need help with medical malpractice in Maryland, contact a lawyer at Schochor, Federico and Staton for more information.
Schochor, Federico and Staton: our philosophy and track record of success
At Schochor, Federico and Staton, we concentrate our practice on medical malpractice. We are a team of highly focused attorneys with a lifelong dedication to holding doctors and other health care professionals accountable for their negligent actions.
When you hire an attorney from Schochor, Federico and Staton, we assemble all our resources to launch a full-scale investigation into what happened, allowing our lawyers to prove a strong link between you or your loved one’s injuries and the negligent actions that caused them.
Our medical malpractice lawyers have won countless multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements and hold numerous professional honors. Since our opening day in 1984, we have recovered over one billion dollars for our clients and have filed more medical malpractice cases in Maryland than any other firm in Maryland.
Our attorneys have been consistently rated highly by Super Lawyers®, Martindale-Hubbell®, Best Lawyers®, and more. Our professional accolades speak for themselves—we are attorneys who mean business.
Contact an aggressive medical malpractice lawyer in Washington D.C. or Baltimore
Now celebrating over 30 years in practice, we are leaders in medical malpractice law and medical-related class actions. Visit us at our Baltimore or Washington, D.C. offices. Please contact us today at 410-234-1000 to schedule a consultation to learn more about fighting for your right to compensation for against medical malpractice. Additionally, we serve clients in and around Silver Spring, Upper Marlboro, Rockville, Greenbelt, Annapolis, and Columbia.